H-1B1 Visa

H-1B1 Visa is similar to the H-1B visa in being a type of temporary non-immigrant worker visa. However, per the treaty finalized between U.S.- Chile, and U.S.- Singapore on January 1 - 2004, H-1B1 is available only to Chileans and Singaporeans.

Eligibility Requirements:

  • There must be a bona fide job offer from a U.S employer. 
  • The offered position must be a specialty occupation that requires special ability and knowledge of the field you will be working in. 
  • As this is a specialty occupation visa, the applicant must hold at least a bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent in a specific field. Work experience in the related field might be considered equal to a bachelor’s degree. 

Family Members:

The spouses and unmarried children (under the age of 21) of the H1-B1 visa holders can apply for an H-4 (Dependent visa) for the duration of the H1-B1 visa. 


Unfortunately, yes. The current visa cap for Chileans stands at 1.400 and 5.400 for Singaporeans.

There are various fields with which you can be eligible for H-1B1 Visa. They include engineering, science, medicine, health care, agriculture, technology, education, and many special business occupations such as human resources.

We always advise reaching an Immigration Attorney to discuss if your occupation is qualified for an H-1B1 visa.  

Your maximum stay duration can be only one year, and it can be extended with one-year increments without any limit.  

Unfortunately, no. This means that having a permanent residency (Green Card) application would be a bar for applying for or extending an H-1B1 visa.  

No. Unlike an H-1B visa, there is no need to file a petition with USCIS in this process. You just need to bring an approved LCA to the consulate interview.   


Your American Dream Is One Click Away

Start Your Journey