Talent and Performance Visas

P-2 Visa

P-2 Visa is a type of nonimmigrant worker visa for individuals who seek to be employed in the U.S. as solo artists or entertainers, or as members of artist or entertainment groups under a reciprocal exchange program between a U.S. organization and a foreign organization.

There are currently 5 programs that have been finalized between the U.S. and a foreign country, and they are as follows: 

  • The American Federation of Musicians (U.S.) and the American Federation of Musicians (Canada) 
  • Actor’s Equity Association (U.S.) and the Canadian Actors’ Equity Association 
  • Actor’s Equity Association (U.S.) and the British Actors’ Equity Association 
  • The International Council of Air Shows and the Canadian Air Show Association 
  • The Alliance of Canadian Cinema Television and Radio Artists (ACTRA) and the Screen Actor Guild – American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA) 

However, if the agreement with which the applicant applies for P-2 Visa is not included in the above list, the applicant nevertheless can file your application. USCIS will review the agreement and decide whether it is in line with the regulatory standard.

Eligibility Requirements:

  • The applicant must be an artist or entertainer sponsored by a government-promoted reciprocal exchange program
  • The applicant must be an artist equal to those of U.S. citizens in skill who participate in the program in the other program country 

Family Members:

Family members of P-2 Visa holders can accompany them on a P-4 Dependent nonimmigrant status. 

Essential Support Personnel:

Essential support personnel is eligible to apply for P-1 Visa if and only they are vital to the performance of artists and entertainers, and there are no available U.S. workers to replace them. Essential support personnel for artists and entertainers includes stagehands, trainers, or any person who has the necessary knowledge to serve a specific duty. 


The duration of a P-2 Visa depends on the time for the visa beneficiaries to complete their events in the United States. However, the initial stay on P-2 cannot exceed a full year.

P-2 beneficiaries can be granted one-year extensions in increments. 

Your family is not authorized to work on P-2 status, but they can attend non-academic, vocational studies.  

Yes. For this, your new employer needs to file a new Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, just as your previous employer did. You cannot start working for the new employer until your petition is approved.   


Your American Dream Is One Click Away

Start Your Journey