Talent and Performance Visas

P-3 Visa

P-3 Visa is a type of nonimmigrant worker visa for individuals who are seeking admission into the U.S. as solo artists or entertainers, or members of artist or entertainment groups to perform, teach or coach in fields of their expertise.

Eligibility Requirements:

  • The applicant must be an artist or entertainer, or a member of an artist or entertainment group aspiring to develop, interpret, represent, coach, or teach an idiosyncratic or indigenous ethnic, folk, artistic, theatrical, folk, or cultural act or representation 
  • The applicant must also participate in the cultural event(s) that will expand the comprehension or improvement of the art form s/he is an expert on 

Family Members:

Family members of P-3 Visa holders can accompany them on a P-4 Dependent nonimmigrant status. 

Essential Support Personnel:

Essential support personnel is eligible to apply for P-3 Visa if and only they are vital to the performance of artists or entertainers, and there are no available U.S. workers to replace them.

Essential support personnel for artists and entertainers including but not limited to

  • Coaches 
  • Trainers 
  • Scouts 
  • Referees  


The duration of a P-3 Visa depends on the time for the visa beneficiaries to complete their events in the United States. However, the initial stay on P-3 cannot exceed a full year.

P-3 beneficiaries can be granted one-year extensions in increments. 

Your family is not authorized to work on P-4 status, but they can attend non-academic, vocational studies.  

Yes. For this, your new employer needs to file a new Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, just as your previous employer did. You cannot start working for the new employer until your petition is approved. 

Yes. Unlike P-1B Visa, individual entertainers are also eligible to apply for a P-3 Visa


Your American Dream Is One Click Away

Start Your Journey