Visitor Visas

B-2 Visa

B-2 visa is a type of nonimmigrant visa for people who want to travel to the U.S. for tourism purposes.

Eligibility Requirements:

  • The applicant must plan to stay temporarily. 
  • The applicant must have a residence outside of the U.S. that s/he will return to. 
  • The applicant must be able to afford his/her trip and stay in the U.S. 

Family Members:

The family of the applicant cannot seek entry as dependents using B-2 Visa. They are required to apply separately for B-2 Visa.   


  • Tourism. 
  • Vacation. 
  • Visiting friends and family. 
  • Participating in social events by fraternal, social, or service organizations. 
  • Participating in musical, sports, or similar events or competitions only if participating subjects will not be paid. 
  • Participating in a short, non-credit vocational course of study. 

Your initial stay ranges from 1 to 6 months. 

Yes! However, this is a short and temporary visa. Therefore, you can be granted a maximum of 6 months extensions. Your stay on B-2 cannot exceed a total of 1 year.  

As B-2 is a visitor visa, you may not seek employment in the U.S. You need to apply for work visas that the U.S. issues. Please see Working in the U.S. learn more about the issue. 

To be eligible for a Visa Waiver Program (VWP), you must be a citizen or national of a participating country. To reach the current participating country list, you can use this link.  

You can renew your visa. For this, you should follow the same steps you followed while applying for the first time.  

Yes. There is no restriction on visa reapplication. To learn more about visa denials, please visit Visa Denials.     


Your American Dream Is One Click Away

Start Your Journey